13.6.12

Scrappy blooming rainbow

After getting the need to make a thousand bags out of my system, it seems I am ready for another quilty make.  Over a glass of wine (or 3) at the FQR the very lovely Aneela kindly offered to send me a copy of her Bloom quilt pattern (I may or may not have been moaning about Charlotte's at the time!).

So Bloom is about to get a rainbow makeover.....

Fabric pull - its a stash buster!
I need to add a couple more yellow, pink and grey prints and then I am all set for the mahoosive task of making a million dresden blades ;-)

I also got a very lovely parcel all the way from Australia yesterday containing my runner up winnings from the SMS giveaway day from Rachael from Blue Mountain Daisy.  I got the coolest pin cushion wrapped up some very cool fabric - thanks so much Rachael!!




I am planning a FQR post for the weekend but just to give you all a sneaky peak at what I was working on yesterday rather than tackling the mountain of holiday washing....
Paper pieced UJ - Lynne's FQR class project
Thanks for all the lovely comments on my blog hop post yesterday, don't forget to go visit Thursdays hoppers Debbie and Sarah:

June 14
    Debbie from A Quilter's Table
    Sarah from Silly Banana Sewing


14 comments:

  1. Looking at all those fabrics I am left feeling seriously jealous of your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see that stash pull develop. And thanks for the LGA shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pile of fabric is is big as my whole stash! I love the rainbowness, I bet it'll look great. Well done on the union flag too

    ReplyDelete
  4. pin cushion makes me laugh xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. the union jack looks fab! And you will love making the bloom - it's pretty quick really!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh pezzy viewfinders, lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Bloom pattern is gorgeous - can't wait to see it rainbow style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome pile of rainbow fun!!! Love your Union Jack!!! I'm glad you like your pin cushion!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love your fabric pile! I can't wait to see it as a bloom quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Union Jack and your fabric pile. Do you have EVERY fabric going? Just wondering...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just blog hopped onto your blog and I love your fabric choices! Especially all those fun Melody Miller prints. I saw your fab bag at the FQ Retreat and wanted to run off with it! Also what a great idea to create personalised quilt labels via Spoonflower - I have been too chicken to upload anything to Spoonflower but now I think I will

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that rainbow pull, some GREAT fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to see the rainbow bloom!!!

    ReplyDelete