24.6.12

Kinky Bee

After much deliberation I finally forced myself to sign up to join a bee at the start of this month.  I say forced because I am scared that my blocks might not make the grade to be a part of a bee, but its all a learning process and this is the year that I am pushing my boundaries ;-)

So I joined the FQR Kinky Bee being organised by Sue (Libertyjsy on Flickr) and have somehow volunteered to go first.  This morning I have passed a very pleasant couple of hours cutting into my scraps and sorting everything into 10 neat little piles.

78 prints, 10 FQ of Kona white and 4 metres of Bondaweb
I am asking for 19" blocks with randomly appliqued circles on them in a predictable rainbow scrappy theme.  Just need to get the required choccy based incentive and then these parcels will be winging their way to my bee buddies.


This afternoon I hope to get on with sewing those giant dresdens to the background fabric, I have a plan to avoid having to sew by hand, it can only go one of two ways ;-)

12 comments:

  1. This makes me happy to be a Bumble Bee! This is going to be a crash course in appliqued circles for me. You are very brave to go first - can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the dresdens. The wip pictures are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bee theme. I think your blocks are going to look brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're brave sewing the dresdens by machine. I'm still hoping that mine will magically transfer themselves from the design wall onto the fabric without me having to do anything. What are the chances?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kinky bee is my first one as well, glad I'm not going first in the honey bees, I would probably send out far too much fabric. Cant wait to see what you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got in from a day at the National Quilt Show in Esher at Sandown Racecourse. Boy oh boy am I glad that I attended the perfect workshop for your bee blocks :D
    Eeeek I am nervous but not as nervous as I would have been before.
    I can't wait to see your gorgeous fabrics.
    Hope your dresdens went well xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha - a 'kinky' bee sounds like the way to go! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Kinky bee! Those fabrics are going to make some awesome rainbow yumminess :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I had seen the workshop that Liz attended, I'll just have to wing it! It's my first bee too so I hope my work is good enough for all these creations. Guess it is all about working outside of your comfort zone otherwise we won't learn anything. Looking forward to my package in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see what the bees make for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to join a bee, but I am slightly nervous to do so. One reason is the commitment. And the other...?

    ReplyDelete