17.6.12

Half Moon Modern grand reveal


This quilt was one of my New year resolutions and I have to say in my eyes its a complete triumph. 

Let the picture frenzy commence....


My attempt at arty in the SIL's garden

close up of the quilting


Honeycomb dots binding


Not sure about this pic, it looks a bit blair witch!!


Now I just have to explain in a slow and very clear voice to my boys exactly what I will do to them if they mess or dirty this quilt up, it could get ugly! ;-)



My bed is now all matchy matchy and very girly ;-)
Quilt stats:
approx size: 74 x 94"
Fabrics: Half Moon Modern layer cake; Bella white layer cake and Kona white.
Quilted by Debbie at Longarm-quilting.co.uk using the CirclePlay design by Vickie Malaski.

25 comments:

  1. It's wonderful! I bet you get a good sleep under that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilts and death threats to children go hand in hand. Especially when they are as beautiful as this one. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo - it's amazing!! I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the matchy matchy bed. Your quilt looks fab but I absolutely LOVE the circle cushion - very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Love the spotted binding too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers!!! Stunning quilting, and I love the "Blair Witch"ish photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love it - especially love the last pic with the pillows - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. Love it on your bed! Congratulations on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh - it is perfect in every way!! You have every right to be super proud and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous!! The cushions look fabulous!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Triumph indeed. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous - I love it! That's one of my favourite fabric lines, and you've done a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! it looks fantastic... boys ... BEWARE!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh it looks stunning, well done you - love the quilting too.
    (Who gets to bang their head on that shelf every night!?) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohh it's fabulous!! I love the matching pillows too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is sooo wonderful! The quilting and binding are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh it is beautiful! That quilting is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice. I like the witchy pic as it helps me realize the scale of the quilt. It's big! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  20. look forward to seeing this up close at the next guild meeting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! It looks great, love the quilting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous! It looks great on the bed with the pillows and I love the circle quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks great on the bed! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete