20.6.12

Blooming progress

I met up with a few of my LMQG friends on Sunday for lunch at John Lewis (Oxford Street), where we are very proudly hosting our first quilt exhibition.

My mini is second in on the top row.

After a very nice lunch and a cheeky glass of wine, a few of us went back to Michael's to have a sewing session.  I got to work in cutting my fabrics for Bloom, despite chatting a lot I managed to get three of the dresden blades cut out.  So my pile of fabrics has gone from this....


 to this on Monday....





 To a full blown bloom on Tuesday....


Pattern: Bloom by Aneela Hoey


I had forgot how much I loved making dresdens and how quickly they come together.  So now I am waiting for my parcel from Pink Castle fabrics, so I can get these stitched down.

In the meantime I have to get on with this little pile of to-do's:
  • LMQG July challenge
  • Name tag swap for LMQG
  • Makeup bag set for a work colleague
  • Hand stitching class homework

Linking this post up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.

32 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - that is stunning! Can't wait to see it all done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful. Fast working on your part too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloomin' marvellous! (see what I did there?? ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. bwahahaha @ Pennie!
    LOVE the bloom - I'll have to show you mine when you come to visit (fnarr fnarr)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! All the minis look wonderful!
    The Bloom is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors in your mini. That's a great exhibit.

    Your dresden looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful, I think's thats the best Dresden I've ever seen :-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful Dresden...LOVE IT! Your mini quilt is gorgeous too.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh you are slow with that Bloom thing, try harder ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Kelly it's beautiful! Can't believe how quickly it's come together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well that sounds so nice!looks lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks beautiful. I will have to try this some time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful! Love the bright colors you're using on the dresden.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blooming inspiring - I love your Dresden.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your Dresden. I'm such a sucker for those bright colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all it's crazy 'Tie Rack display'-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh your lunch looks lovely and you are making amazing progress with the dresdens!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!! That is impressive!!! Awesome fabric choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous - love all the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness, that is GORGEOUS! Really nice work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on the quilt exhibit! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my word that is amazing! I am in love! Puts my little dresdens to shame haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bloom looks awesome!!! You did such a good job laying out the colors. I had never realized how versatile dresdens were until this past week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so jealous! How do you get so many different fabrics to work so wonderfully together!? Your dresden looks awesome! When I try to use so many fabrics it just ends up looking like I've vomited fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That bloom looks fabulous! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow wow wow! Your Bloom looks just amazing! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is gorgeous! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow gorgeous and boy are you fast!

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's looking fabulous - I can't believe how quickly you've put it together!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is beyond awesome! Wow, you've got dresden down!

    ReplyDelete