19.6.12

Better late than never!

MY FQR post is only a few weeks late ;-).

I have to say that I had a blast at retreat.  I got to meet a lot of people whose blogs and skills I really admire, learnt new skills and then got a little drunk.  Pretty much my ideal Saturday ;-)

I didn't have any classes till 11.30am on the Saturday so snuck into Lu's porthole class.  I sat at the front and observed everyone else as they got that aha moment.  It's a very cool technique that I am definitely going to use in a future project.

Top left hand corner is Lu demonstrating the Aha moment!

So my first class was the designers challenge with not one but three of the FQ team!!  I got to spend an hour with Lynne, John and Brioni, some coloured pencils (stolen from my son) and graph paper.  I don't think I will be winning any prizes for my blocks, but it was good fun.

Designers challenge

Lunchtime was when all the swaps happened and I got a fab group, which included Dianne and Hadley.  I got 3 gorgeous pouches and one of Dianne's fabulous Moo card holders.



In the afternoon I took Lynne's paper piecing class, for which I have no pictures.  I was too busy trying to get all four parts of the flag finished, class swot I know!! I finished the UJ last week and love how it turned out.



I think it's safe to say that I will be first in the queue for FQR 2013 and will be there for the duration, holiday or no holiday!!

Thanks to the Fat quarterly team for putting on a fab retreat and to all the sponsors for this bag of lovelies, you rock!!

Goodie bag contents.






10 comments:

  1. it was SO much fun! Can't wait for the next one :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you make dinner next time. Promise there will be wine when you get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That union jack cushion is fantastic! And yes, next time we definitely need overnight stays a lots of wine.... erm of course I mean dinner..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to be front of the queue (and preferably uninjured next time!).
    Anyone know what a Trickmarker does? Need to Google it now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I just looked - off to draw all over stuff and watch it slowly disappear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I discovered that it fades by accident!! Crazy Trick marker! Can you imagine what next year will be like - it will be MAD! I can't wait!!!! Kelly - your pillow leaves me in awe! I only managed one quarter of the pillow top and even that isn't quite finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, a great reminder of the best weekend! Your cushion is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't realise when we did the swap that it was you, and we had been drawn again! Thanks for the lovely bag and magnets. Sorry we didn't do more than wave across the classroom in Lynne's UK class! Will have to make sure we spend more time next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So jealous, looks amazing! I'm frantically saving to try to get over for next year :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like so much fun!!! Awesome bag of goodies!!

    ReplyDelete