30.5.12

WIP Wednesday

Despite the heat making me want to lay on the sofa and do very little, I have actually pulled my finger out over the last couple of days and got some sewing finished.  I even managed to work on a couple of WIPS rather than just new projects.

Finishes:

Kindle cases - for my SIL and me

I'm going to be a walking MM advert on my hols!!



Flying geese pin cushion - this is coming with me to the FQ retreat, but its not for me ;-)


Tiny pleated zippy pouch - yet another little bag for my holiday!


So to the WIPS:

I finally put the made and attached the binding on my Granny runner.  I used the Weave design in coal from the Summersville line.  Let's see how long it takes me to hand sew this down - I really should practice machine binding!



My most exciting progress report is that my HMM bed quilt is back from the LAQ and I am absolutely thrilled with it.  I have made the binding (Kei honeycomb dots) and am aiming to have it attached by Friday, ignoring the fact that I have a house to clean, retreat supplies to gather and two suitcases to pack!

Pretty, pretty circles!
New/upcoming projects:
  • Hand stitched course - starts June 4th
  • Summersville quilt
  • Purse palooza - after all the practising I have been doing, it would be rude not to participate!
  • New quilt for the Kidlet using Peak hour fabrics.
Just wanted to thank all my lovely friends who have voted for my quilt in the Bloggers quilt festival - You rock!!

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday.

23 comments:

  1. Oh the fussy cut on the back of the perfect flying geese is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll swap the flying geese pincushion for an oakshott quilt (if you provide the fabric, natch). It's SO CUTE!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the little zippy bag. And is that a big ben cushion? Great makes and lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love your flying geese pin cushion. I am planning a paper pieced pin cushion myself and can't wait to get started! Have a great time at the retreat- sound like its going to be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh sigh, the pin cushion is frikkin' fantaboulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that MM fabric - I' haven't used mine yet - thinking of using it for my hop project. As usual all your projects are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, the HMM bed quilt is fabulous. The machine quilting really adds to your fabric designs. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the cutest little pinnie and zippy pouch! Wow so much finished. Your HMM quilt is so bright and happy can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many amazing projects. Do you have a pattern/tutorial for your pleated zippy pouch? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh hand finishing the binding is the best bit - what's wrong with you girl!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a big MM fan as well. Looking forward to your Summersville quilt! I just finished a few projects using it. How darn fabulous in that pincushion and zip pouch!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your pin cushion and zippy pouch! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am totally in love with all your work, your runner that pillow that pouch!! love them all so now following your awesome blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks wonderful Kelly...thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! All of it really :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm visiting your blog from Freshly Pieced. I especially love that flying geese pin cushion and little coin bag, but everything is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. All of your projects are so lovely! Granny square runner is fab, and the circular quilting is perfect for your HMM quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely! Wonderful little pincushion and I agree - marvelous quilting on you HMM quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am loving that little view finder fabric .

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your kindle cases. What is the fabric used?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, one has to have priorities. I love the quilt you finished up Friday night. The fabrics are lovely and the quilting is amazing.

    ReplyDelete