16.5.12

WIP Wednesday

This month is flying by and for once I don't mind, as fast approaching is the Fat Quarterly sewing retreat in London and I can't wait!!!!  Thanks to a weekend of nights, I had two kidlet/work free days to indulge in sewing ( I probably should have done some housework as well...), this was good for my WIPS.

Finishes:

Tumbling little apples quilt for Siblings Together:
All this needs now is the label on the back which I will pick up at the FQ retreat in two weeks.  There is loads of information on the Siblings Together charity on  the Flickr page.



Baby quilt:
I used a couple of Stoery book prints for this quilt and some Kona white to make a super quick strip quilt.  This is with my sewing buddy who I bribed persuaded to hand sew the binding down for me ;-) (She likes to hand sew, I don't!!)



Camera case:
Made with the Keyka  Lou pattern and some pretty Summersville.



Fat Quarterly retreat sample swap:
I thought that the Tiny bag from Jeni's pattern would make perfect gift bags for the magnets.  I used the underground print and the Crown prints as it will be the Jubilee weekend in London when the retreat is on.  I am now thinking that I should have made a set of these for myself!

The Tiny bag to be filled with magnets!

For those who are wondering where the pretty ribbon went, they looked crap as the ties.  I gave them to my sewing buddy as part bribe to get her to sew the binding on my baby quilt ;-)


 W.I.P's:

No progress: 

Circle cushions - no progress.

Granny runner - have changed my mind on the Pezzy binding and am going with some Summersville instead.  This is today's sewing project, if I don't get distracted.





Half moon Modern quilt - Is on the Long arm as I type - getting very excited about getting this back!

In the pipeline:

Hand stitched class with Rachel from Stitched in Colour - starts in June.




Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday.

18 comments:

  1. Yay for ribbon bribes! Everything looks truly fab and if I am lucky enough to get one of your bags of magnets I will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooh so exciting that your quilt is on the longarm - I'm sure it will look stunning when you get it back. Love your tiny magnet bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little bag - that underground fabric is so cute. You definitely need one for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do lovely work. That tiny bag IS pretty tiny, isn't it? They look fun in the underground print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your camera case is lovely!! That underground fabric is brilliant, I'd have to make myself one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That magnet bag is TDF!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wishing I was in the FQ swaps now.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little magnets are awesome! I clicked through from Lee's because they intrigued me, and I'm so glad they did. Super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always look forward to you posts! Your projects are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the sample swap bags are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sample swap bags and magnets - your group are going to be thrilled!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok I totally take back what I said about putting them in plastic bags, the little drawstring is adorable!!! :)
    Beautiful quilts and case too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful sewing week. I love your magnets and your camera case is great,too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my I love that simple baby quilt! I kind of want one for me :) I love that fabric line!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Free time is not meant for housework... sew away!

    Loving that Tiny bag in the underground print. And those bitty magnets are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am glad that the ribbons were useful for bartering, even though they didn't work out on the bags! That underground fabric is great! I'm totally loving the wavy quilting on the baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of cute stuff! Camera bag is something I can use.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The magnets and the ST quilt are amazing, but the magnet bag is even better than- where did you get the fabric from?

    ReplyDelete