7.5.12

MOBC - Mission complete!

Yesterday I made the final bag in the challenge, the Noodlehead Go anywhere bag.  

I would like to say I enjoyed making this, but that would be a complete lie.  This has nothing to do with how the pattern is written (it's excellent with loads of pics). I got a little ratty when having to turn the handles and the pleats took a bit longer than they really should have, apart from that it was very straight forward to sew.   Excuse the terrible photo's, the light is crap here today.


MM typewriters and Flax linen

I like how it turned out, even though the typewriters got completely taken up in the pleats.  They look better on the back...



For the pocket lining, I used this Spoonflower label print I ordered last year.  I made them far to big to actually use as quilt labels.  My bag is certainly unique with my name splashed all over the lining, and fairly hard to nick;-).  



The internal lining is a hometown spotty print in grey, with aqua scissors as the pocket.  The pics are too dark to show, I will try to get prettier pictures when the sun eventually decides to grace us with its presence again!!

The one thing I have got out of this challenge (apart from a ton of bags), is a new found love for bag making.  I never saw that one coming!  I might give it a few weeks before I make anymore though ;-)

14 comments:

  1. Well done! can't imagine you rushing to make many more bags soon though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bag and think the lining is just great. No one but no one can nick your bag at the retreat indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to have found a new love! Great bag - even if it was a bit of a pain to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bag and fab label. Its always brilliant to find something new to sew and a girl can never have too many bags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great!! Those handles - grrrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I like it, label looks great too. I was so inspired by all the bags on Sunday I think I'll have to make one now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. keeping going when you just want to shout nast words is what its all about ... well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. that should say... NASTY ..words x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! So satisfying to complete a self-imposed mission!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH I LOVE it!!! So pretty! I hate turning too, I avoid it at all costs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Noodlehead patterns.

    Which bag is your favourite then? and are you making any to sell?
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this! If I win your giveaway, this is the bag I was thinking of making!! I think the typewriters are perfecto!

    ReplyDelete