8.5.12

Les tarting of ze passport!


I needed a sew fix yesterday, so decided that a passport cover was required to go with the hundreds of bags I am taking on holiday with me.

As quick sew fix are generally easy projects, you could be forgiven for thinking that this went smoothly for me.  It didn't!!  I failed to do the only thing really required for a cover or any sewing for that matter.... measure!!!  My passport does NOT fit it's cover.

Viewfinders and flax linen


So I could have started again, but instead I put in a magnetic clasp and will pretend forever more that I meant for it to turn out like this.


My passport is damn sight prettier now it has been Melody Millered!  Not sure the OH is going to be happy though, he will be carrying it as I have been lifetime ban for passport carrying.  He says I am careless, the cheeky bugger!!

The back

14 comments:

  1. Cheeky bugger indeed. He should be very proud to be carrying it now though. Tell him it is a privilege!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It`s really lovely! I have a husband who has absolutely no problem in carrying my bag (who knew?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. this made me laugh... all SO true xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. It is awesome just like it is! I really need to get a bit o'viewfinder - timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous! You are Mrs Prolific!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this.....makes me wish I had somewhere far away to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adapt and overcome - clever girl! Looks lovely BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well it works and it's gorgeous! You could put holiday money in the other flap so it's doubly handy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How could he mind? It's not girly, so it will be fine! It is lovely though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. C'est magnifique! A lifetime ban - wow you must be really baaaaaaaad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to carry my passport all the time and it scares the pants off me that I might lose it! Someone would definitely steal it in such a lovely cover!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I luurrve it! Hilarious about the passport carrying too, James always carries mine, I think this makes my life less stressful so at the moment I'm not complaining :) x

    ReplyDelete