This weekend was dedicated to making bags 3 (the Ruby bag) & 7 (241 tote) in my Mad old bag challenge. I have a whole post planned (including a million pictures) for theses two, so this is all I will show today.
|241 tote (front) and Ruby bag (behind)|
I am pretty terrible at hand sewing and embroidery is pretty much beyond me, so I decided that stamping my partners name onto the fabric was the way to go. I messed around with a few blocks in EQ7 and decided on the star, rainbow points and steel linen.
|I may have to pimp my work ID with some MM!|
|It's a secret swap, no name shown here yet.|
So onto the WIPS:
- Colour brick quilt - still not bound!
- Circle cushions - no progress.
FQ retreat name badge swap - Waiting on delivery of fabric ink.
- Improv quilt - need to hand sew binding down.
- HST quilt - borders!!
- Tumbling apples - Waiting on backing to arrive.
New projects in the pipeline:
- Name tag swap for London Modern Quilt guild.
- Bags 4 & 6 in my MOBC.
- Retro flowers quilt along - as soon as I decide on what fabric to use.
- Table runner with my new quick curve ruler.
Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday.