18.4.12

WIP Wednesday

I seem to be managing one blog post a week at the minute, so here I am again for WIP Wednesday.  I have made some progress on my WIPS and have a few finishes to show.

Finishes:

This weekend was dedicated to making bags 3 (the Ruby bag) & 7 (241 tote) in my Mad old bag challenge.  I have a whole post planned (including a million pictures) for theses two, so this is all I will show today.

241 tote (front) and Ruby bag (behind)
I finally got all of the supplies I needed for making the name tag for the Fat quarterly retreat swap.


I am pretty terrible at hand sewing and embroidery is pretty much beyond me, so I decided that stamping my partners name onto the fabric was the way to go.  I messed around with a few blocks in EQ7 and decided on the star, rainbow points and steel linen. 

I may have to pimp my work ID with some MM!
It's a secret swap, no name shown here yet.
I added a lanyard as I am not a big fan of having a huge label pinned to my clothes, but I will be sending a pin in case my partner prefers that option.

So onto the WIPS:


  • Colour brick quilt - still not bound!
  • Circle cushions - no progress.
  • FQ retreat name badge swap - Waiting on delivery of fabric ink.
  • Improv quilt - need to hand sew binding down.
  • HST quilt - borders!!
  • Tumbling apples - Waiting on backing to arrive.
Oh well one down is better than none!

New projects in the pipeline:
  • Name tag swap for London Modern Quilt guild.
  • Bags 4 & 6 in my MOBC.
  • Retro flowers quilt along - as soon as I decide on what fabric to use.
  • Table runner with my new quick curve ruler.
I have just taken a exceptionally fast delivery of these lovelies (ordered last Thursday, delivered Monday.  I love Zipit!), so it looks like I have a lot more bags on the horizon.


Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday.



14 comments:

  1. That is such a cool name badge, I'm sure your partner will be delighted. Great idea to have it on a lanyard too - maybe you will start a trend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name tag! I would be thrilled if I got it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your name tag looks great! I'm sure whoever gets it will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I love the name tag - I need to mail mine otherwise I am going to start having second thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a fab name badge! And I love your bags - great fabric choices. I've had the 241 tote pattern for months - I really MUST make it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great name tag - isn't stamping on fabric sooooo much fun!

    Love those juicy zips too, x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many things that I love here....the badge is super......I love how you posed your bags in your lovely yard.....and your ribboned zipper pic is adorable! Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bags look great but I do love your badge. It's really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the name tag! Great colors! I'll have to look up Fat Quarterly - I keep reading about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The name badge is utterly gorgeous! Yummy zips too. Can't wait to see more on those bags :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your name tag is fabulous!! And - I love zip-it too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely colourful projects - the name tag/lanyard is both beautiful and genius (I totally agree about the ginormous nametag pinned to me thing). Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this little swap, is there anyway someone could make me one with my daughter's name on it so she could wear it as a nametag? She hates stickers and everywhere we go they're always trying to put a name badge on and its like pulling teeth to get her to put it on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this! Is there anyway you can share the pattern you created for the star?! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete