19.4.12

MOBC update - the 241 tote!

I never thought I would get excited about making bags, this challenge was about forcing myself out of my comfort zone and I didn't think I was going to enjoy doing it.  I was so wrong!

This bag may well have been the turning point from mission to fun.  I have been admiring and avoiding this pattern for several months.  Every time I looked at it, I told myself I couldn't do it.  This weekend I proved to myself that I could and I did!

I used some Essex linen in natural, mixed with some Melody miller (Viewfinders and Ruby star shining panel) and Mod basic dots for the lining.  I lengthened the strap, so that I could wear it across my body. 



The clock is my favourite pocket.


Inside pocket cut from the MM Ruby star shining panel.

Once I had cut out all the fabric, the pattern started to make perfect sense.  I am not great at visualising how things work, so the tons of pics were a godsend.  This is my favourite bag of the challenge so far, but I have to make the Go anywhere bag next...

The Ruby bag will get it's own post tomorrow.

Five bags down, three to go!

21 comments:

  1. I've beein humming and haaing about that pattern for ages. You may have just pushed me over the edge - yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bag! I might have to break down and get this pattern because I do not know of one person who has made it who hasn't loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this one is soo much fun... I keep dithering over making a bag, got fabric ,got pattern... just not got the ummmph!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I want to make this bag, and I want some of this fabric, so this is a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous bag, I love your fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG.... I need to go for a lie down.....just too gorgeous....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!
    It's all the cutting and interfacing that keeps putting me off making another one - stupid really as they are great bags x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute bag and I love the fun fabric! I really like the side pockets. I can never have enough pockets in bags, even though I eventually end up throwing everything in the main part!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's fab - great fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the viewfinder fabric, fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are aceing this MOBC! Such a gorgeous result on the 241. It's great that you are having fun with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great bag! I have yet to find a bag pattern I really love! Maybe I should try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok - you've inspired me to finally make this bag. I did print all 17 pages of the pattern when I bought it so I really have no excuse to not make it. Your fabrics are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful! Nice job. I have never made a bag : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your Finished Objects and your blog is so inspirational to me.

    I would, therefore, like to have the great honour of presenting you with the Liebster Blog Award. There are more details about it over on my blog:

    http://lizofdandeliondaydreams.blogspot.co.uk/

    Congratulations
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your fabric choices for this bag. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the fabrics you have used!

    ReplyDelete