7.4.12

I'm back in action!

There has been precious little sewing going on this week due to the Ikea-ing of our living room. It's nearly done now though, so I got to test out my new sewing area.

Notice how the left side is neater than the right - yep I'm on the left!
My little storage cupboard is fantastic.  I spent a couple of hours yesterday making mini bolts of my fabric.  Not the brightest idea to do it in front of my hubby, then complain after I ran out of boards (I bought a 100!).  He actually said "You should never have to buy fabric again, with all that lot!"

So today, I decided to make some blocks for the Judith and Trudi, who are putting together quilts for the Siblings Together project.


Granny square - I LOVED making this!




Simple log cabins for Judith.

 I now have to go clear up my new space and admire my pretty living room. Hope you are all having a great Easter weekend! 

Pretty new living room :)

13 comments:

  1. who is he kidding... never buy fabric again!!! PFEWWW! lolx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the look of your new spaces - so clean, fresh and bright. That granny sure is a modern lady and she`s a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful! I love your dotty log cabins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW it looks wonderful - bless your husband - 'never have to buy fabric again' HA! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new space looks fab! I also feel quite virtuous as I made mini-bolts with my fabric and still have some boards left - no-one can say I don't need to buy fabric ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your space - wish I could have a space all neat and tidy and new and lovely... Love your granny square too - great colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty new living room. I was in Ikea a few days ago and had all sorts of ideas of things that could work for me - all I need is the room! And your husband has no idea how much fabric you really need!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely new room, Kelly, really light too. and never buying fabic again? I trust you laughed in his face...???!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Room looks totally fab, and very orderly fabric! I use cardboard, but I cut it from anything that's going (nappy boxes, cereal boxes, oh and of course the boxes that crates of wine come in !) so all my mini-bolts are different sizes! Definitely a good idea though to keep all fabrics visible x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good there. Love all your projects too

    ReplyDelete