|At least it will make a cute mug rug!|
So I have managed lots of little jobs this week.
I made and sewed on the binding for my mini quilt and potholder. I still have to hand sew these down though, not my favourite job to do.
|LMQG mini - I am in love with the honeycomb dots|
I made the third block for the New York Beauty QA (block 1) - I am not particularly impressed with my fabric choices/placement on this block, but hey ho! I am thinking this may be my last NYB block for a while, I'm just not feeling the love.
|Bland but at least its about the right size!|
After seeing these stunners on Laura's blog I pulled out my stash of Melody Miller and attempted Kim's brilliant tute. I will be making more of these for sure!
Yesterday afternoon was taken up with making personalised bunting that my heftily pregnant BF asked me to make for her imminent arrival and also for her 2 year old son. Funny how my hobby becomes acceptable to my friends when they want something ;-).
|It's meant to have a Z in case you thought I couldn't spell ;-)|
I decided to piece the letters rather than applique them on, my colour palette of rainbow will be of no surprise! Fusible fleece was added to give a bit more structure as I didn't want floppy. Just need bias binding and it should be all done for the weekend. I have three more names to piece today by which time I will probably be questioning exactly why I just didn't applique the bloody things!
As for my other WIPS:
- Colour brick quilt - still not bound
- Circle stitched cushions - no progress.
- Little Apples tumbler quilt - no progress.
- Just wing it quilt - blocks all trimmed ready to sew.
- FQ Sewing retreat name tag swap - no progress.
- 2 cushions that are not NYB - one hst and one DP.
- Half moon modern HST quilt for me - planning to start next week.
- Zakka style sew along - well I already have the book, it would be rude not too.