17.3.12

Sulking!

So after my bad start to the week, I put on my big girl panties and got back on the horse, so to speak.  I happily started to piece my second block for the New york Beauty QA and it was all going swimmingly until it came to trimming.  I had to cut it down to 7" to get it square, not good!

Duff block!


 I got off the horse, shucked my big girl panties and went back to sulking! (Just as well I was at work and couldn't sew if I wanted too)

I have now got over my sulking again, probably due to the rather nice post this morning.

I did a little late night fabric ordering after a very long day at work and they all arrived today!

From The Village Haberdashery came the gorgeous Typewriters bundle, it was very hard not to buy tons from this gorgeous shop!!


From M is for Make I ordered some Honeycomb dots for my LMQG mini binding and some Washi fabrics:



Today has been declared Mother's day as I am on call again tomorrow!  My boys are out shopping for dinner ingredients and I am off to try the NYB block again :)

13 comments:

  1. Good luck with NYB2 - I have not braved that yet! Nice shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can do it... just take your time... (check your paper pattern came out of the printer the right size before you start) xx remember it is FUN xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your NY Beauty block. How frustrating!
    Isn't it fun getting fabric in the mail! I never know when it's going to arrive so it's always a nice surprise. Happy Mother's Day! Sounds like you're in good hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny and as a fellow sufferer of creative gremlins I wish you luck with the 2nd attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with attempt two, and I hope you are being seriously spoiled just about now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG - I have the fear now. This block is on my 'to do' list this afternoon. I'm thinking maybe it will have to be an evening project after a glass of dutch courage or two!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for the duffness, I'm sure you'll get it next time. The fabrics are GORGEOUS!! That would certainly shake off the grumps :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your second attempt. I'm still working up the courage to try an NYB block. Getting fabric in the mail is always a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, I hope the second try goes better...I love your choice of fabrics though! Hope you had a lovely day yesterday x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with attempt 2. Gorgeous fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The block looks fine. I have NEVER tried that one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not sure it was a good idea to take off your big girl panties at work.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the colors on your block! It is always disappointing when the size is wrong. I once had a block turn out 2 inches too small. The pattern said there would be some variance, but only a 1/2inch lol No idea how I managed that one! That typewriter fabric is making me want to go fabric shopping! Love fabric mail!

    ReplyDelete