8.3.12

New york Beauty...


Whilst the kidlet was at nursery yesterday I got to work on making my NYB block  into a cushion, too say I am happy with the result would be an understatement!  My bed is going to buried under NYB cushions by the time I have finished this quiltalong.



Today has been fantastic, although I may have been a little over ambitious to think I may get two quilt tops complete!  I did manage to sew up all my improv blocks in between yakking and eating, they just need trimming now and I hate that part!



I got home to find the postie had delivered my copy of Zakka style.  I was admiring this beauty on Hadley's blog the other day and moaning about wanting a copy.  I took it as a sign when Amazon sent me an email the next day declaring they had stock ;-).  This book is going to keep me busy for weeks, it is full of eye candy!!

Tonight is my last night of what seems like a sewing frenzy; tomorrow I am off on a weekend of debauchery culture with my gal pals to York.

Have a great weekend
xx

11 comments:

  1. Lovely cushion!
    Another weekend away?! Have a one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love the serendipity of an amazon email! Beautiful NYB cushion and have a great weekend with the gals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cushion! And I love the quilting. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh it's lovely and the quilting rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cushion is stunning. Don't blame you for wanting to cover your bed in them ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cushion is gorgeous, looks like a very productive day. Have fun in York!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely, great quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that cushion. And have a great time in York. Feel like I was just there for some reason - though I unfortunately missed out on the debauchery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cushion! Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cushion! Hope you had a great time in York!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo luscious cushion, haven't heard of that block before...and hope you had a fun one in York...I worked there for a while, it's lovely, and there's good shops! x

    ReplyDelete