22.2.12

W.I.P Wednesday

This week has been another washout for progress on my WIPS but I do have a couple of bits to show.

Finishes:

Rainbow road table runner:

This is a project from the Stitched in Colour Curves class, I had some problems with it (understatement of the year!!) blogged about here, but after adding  a border and managing to flatten it out with some random quilting and I actually don't mind it now.  It looks better from a distance and if you squint a bit ;-).

 I also tried out the Amanda Jean way of machine binding - now that I LOVE!!  Hardly surprising though as I hate hand stitching binding down ;-)

Rainbow road runner






Drunkeds path pot holder:

Week 3 of Curves class is all about precise curves and I had been dreading it!  It turns out this is more my forte than improv curves :)  Okay so it still needs binding, but I still count it as a finish!

DP pot holder

I am still deciding whether to bind in Ta dot!?



No Progress:

Circle stitch along cushions!!
Colour brick quilt - needs binding still.

New projects in the pipeline:
I am linking this post up with the Freshly Pieced W.I.P Wednesday.  Looking forward to seeing what everyone else has been up to!

22 comments:

  1. that table runner is so bright and cheerful, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love your table runner! It is so beautiful with those happy colours and 'wonky' lines! DP block is so perfect for a pot holder!
    Sunny wishes from Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your runner is great - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting through WIP...I absolutely love that table runner. The colors and design are perfect. That potholder is darling too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Curves can drive ya crazy, but they're worth it in the end - your table runner looks beautiful! Perfection is overrated anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tablerunner is so colorful, I just love it. So impressed that you have attempted curves...and I like the dot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this runner is so pretty. i love rainbow anything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your table and your drunkard's path block! I think your curves look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that is one cute runner and I didn't even squint!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both the table runner AND the pot holder! Good work, on those!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your curves projects all look so good! I love all your bright colors! I'm really excited about the NY Beauty QAL too. Can't wait until March!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting from WIP. . .beautiful runner--I love all the bright colors. Thanks for the link to the machine binding instructions. I don't mind hand stitching my bindings but it just takes so long!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The table runner is beautiful!! Love the DPs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Kelly, me again! Still loving that runner:)
    BTW, I just awarded you the Liebster award. Check out my blog to find out more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that is great, wonderful colours.

    I just passed an award on to you on my blog, I see Nicole did too! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeay, the runner looks great..and I've got to ask, what is that cool rainbow thing in the pictures? I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, that's what I want to know! I'm so into rainbows right now and I would love to know where you got that rainbow thing in the background. And your runner looks great=)

    ReplyDelete