13.2.12

Sewing holiday

Well I had a fab time sewing to my hearts content last week, whilst my kidlet got spoiled by the Grannies :).  I took full advantage of having some outside space to take my photo's rather than trying to find a corner of our flat that the kidlet hadn't trashed!!

I quilted and finished my first quilts of 2012:

Awesome Pips:

 Made using this Moda Bakeshop tutorial.



Colour Brick quilt:

Made using Rachel's (Stitched in Colour) quilt along pattern.  This was destined for my living room but my best friend was dropping ten ton hints that she really liked it, so I caved and said she could have it.  I am still undecided about binding, but I am thinking a dark Kona solid.

Random makes:

Sewing machine cover which started out with me messing about paper piecing my blog name!!  It got Melody Millered and I absolutely love it!!



Key fobs - Easy to make and take very little time, I seem to always make these in bulk for little pressies etc.

There was pouches, pin cushions and bunting....


I had a fantastic week and have a lot to show for it!  Roll on March for the next one!



10 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR QUILT!! ITS VERY NICE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you have been busy...and the snow makes every thing look realy bright and fresh xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!!! I love everything, but the machine cover is spectacular!!
    Where do you get your key fob hardware? I have been wanting to make those fobs for ages xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have been productive - hooray for a whole week of sewing, I'm very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your machine cover - totally cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new header!! What a great week of productivity. You'll be needing to buy new fabric now. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All totally fab, Kelly! Love love love the sewing machine cover...and the key fobs are totally gorgeous...did you use a tute? x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made my way here from Hadley...I love how you quilt around the letters on your sewing machine cover. It seems to make the letters pop. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete