22.1.12

Ready,set.....

Go!!!!!!!!!
The starter gun has gone on the Mouthy Stitches swap and I have begun to stalk my partner.  I have had ideas buzzing around my head for the last week.  I posted three ideas to the group this morning, one being a Circle of geese in miniature. 

I thought I had better see if I could 'put my money where my mouth was' no pun intended, so I got to work practicing.




Photographed next to my Flying geese cushion for an idea of the scale.



I downloaded the original PDF from Piece by Numbers and then printed it out at 50%, this gave me 3.5" geese units.  I love how this turned out and I am going to turn it into a pouch for me.

My machine is going in for a service tomorrow, so the other two ideas will have to wait a week.

On Friday I got a very exciting delivery of the new Melody Miller line and I have to say I am totally in love! 

 I made my first project with it yesterday morning, a quilted needle case following this tutorial.






So I am all set for a lot of hand sewing this week, I have every intention of finishing both circle cushions.









8 comments:

  1. What amazingly cute stuff!! Very nice! YIKES about your machine in service! Mine is due soon & I don't like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cirle pattern and have used it quite a few times...never at a smaller size though. I have my partner to "stalk" to...it is VERY exciting xx Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you have placed your typewriter, and the cups and saucers are yummy! Lovely colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the needle case. Thanks for the link to the tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Flying Geese, and absolutely adore the Melody Miller needle case!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous needle case, great use of those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this block and soooo want to do one.

    ReplyDelete